All right... donuts aren't exactly cookies. But they're close enough for us! This is one of the easiest Halloween treats/cookie recipes you could possibly make-- it's no bake, and really fun to make with the kids. Just go down to Dunkin' Donuts or wherever, buy some donut holes, and pick up some white chocolate on your way home. The hard part is done-- and the rest of it is a ton of fun.
2 dozen plain donut holes
12 oz. white chocolate chips, melted
Blue and green food coloring
24 semi-sweet chocolate chips
Red gel decorator's frosting
1) Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
2) Place one donut hole on a skewer and dip into melted white chocolate, rolling to coat. Let excess chocolate drip away.
3) Place on waxed paper to set.
4) Repeat with remaining donut holes.
5) Divide remaining white chocolate into two batches. To one batch, add green food coloring. To the other, add blue.
6) Make a small, round iris on one chocolate-covered donut hole. Immediately add the chocolate chip "pupil" (you can also use mini chips).
7) Repeat with the rest of your "eyeballs", making half green eyes and half blue. Or, simply make them all one color.
8) Paint on irritated red "veins" using red gel decorator's frosting.